Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 15:29:12 +0900
From:      YURA Shunsuke <yura@um.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        yura@um.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Subject:   kernel compilation failed with signal 11

I'm running FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE on my PC (AMD K6 200MHz, 32MB SDRAM
x 2). On my PC, kernel compilation sometimes failed with signal 11
(about 5 errors for 100 times). As described in Sig11 FAQ, I modified
BIOS settings (change memory timings and disable cache) and changed
DIMM slots to be used, but compilation error still occurred. However,
when using one SDRAM (32MB) kernel compilation doesn't fail (both
SDRAMs are tested).

Is there any information related to my problem?

My PC is as follows:

CPU	AMD K6 (200MHz)
M/B	Asustec TX97-X
MEM	32MB SDRAM x 2 (same manufatcturer)
SCSI	Tekram DC-390U
HDD	SCSI 4GB
GRAPHIC	Matrox Mystique (4MB)
NET	DEC DE500-AA

I currently use trmncr SCSI driver for Tekram SCSI card, but
compilation error also occurred on GENERIC kernel (with ncr SCSI
driver).

Shunsuke Yura
The University of Tokyo