Date:      Sat, 26 Jun 1999 15:16:08 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jonathon Doran <doranj@Colorado.EDU>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Rebuilding Kernel, Probs defining root device

> config    kernel  root on wd0

This doesn't cause problems on SCSI machines (although it might seem like
it should).  LINT says it "might" be on wd0, but the kernel is smart enough
to find root without my help.

My first pass through a configuration is limited to pruning drivers I don't
plan on using.  Then I'll add support for things I'm interested in.

So, my advise is to put it back and move on to more productive things.  Like
getting rid of that V35 driver which I imagine you won't be using.  (I have
nothing against this driver, just an example of a rarely used driver).

Jon Doran