Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 2004 22:59:08 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: arp entries for local interfaces disappearing ?

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:57:48 -0700, in sentex.lists.freebsd.net you
wrote:

>Can someone explain why, in my arp table, i don't have an
>entry for my local machine ? I just noticed this by chance,
>on my 4.9 box at the office, and now again at home:

I think this is a fairly old thing as I noticed this at least a year
and a half ago on RELENG_4 box back then.  My memory is a bit foggy,
but it was causing problems for some reason so I ended up adding a=20
ping -c 1 <local ip address> to the startup script so the entry would
be there.

	---Mike