Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 1996 15:33:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Thomas Pfenning <thomaspf@microsoft.com>
Cc:        "'gwh@spiders.com'" <gwh@spiders.com>, "'Denis DeLaRoca  825-4580'" <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>, "'multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG'" <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: GUS PRO: functional!

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996, Thomas Pfenning wrote:

> I see the looping also happening with a Soundblaster, so the problem
> seems to be somewhere outside the specific sound driver. Guspnp6 does
> indeed sound very good.

from what I understand, the looping also comes from timing problems with
the SB.  Apparently it doesn't have a stable 8mhz clock, so Vat throws a
fit every so often.

I assume by 'looping' you mean when it plays the same segment for 5
seconds or so, gets restarted, then plays the audio that was missed
over the current audio...that is what I'm getting with the SB.  I'm also
getting a bit of clicking and echoing.  This happens almost immediately
(1-3sec), so if it takes 10 minutes to start I'll buy that.