Date:      10 Sep 2000 15:39:05 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>, Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Ports Options Paper

 * From: Jeremy Lea <reg@FreeBSD.ORG>

 * How about looping through all the combinations of WITH_* (or how ever
 * the options are maintained) and then only building the packages for
 * which the package name changes (via PKGNAMESUFFIX), which have the least
 * WITH_* defined.

People, we have done that before.  Is it too much to ask that you go
read the cvs logs of bsd.port.mk and the mailing list around October
1998 before suggesting something that has already been tried (and
failed) in the past? :<

I know having some extra directories is an eyesore to some people, but
that's a relatively minor problem, and we have much bigger fish to fry.

Satoshi