Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:10:01 GMT
From:      Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/182426: Update databases/mariadb55-{client,server} to 5.5.33a

The following reply was made to PR ports/182426; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, never@nevermind.kiev.ua
Subject: Re: ports/182426: Update databases/mariadb55-{client,server} to
 5.5.33a
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 17:58:44 +0200

 Hi Alexandr,

 Everything builds and installs fine. I found one problem with mysql
 monitor, which might not be new to this version of the port:

 mysql monitor doesn't read the global /usr/local/etc/my.cnf like it
 does in mysql55-client. It does read ~/.my.cnf like expected though.

 Since system users usually don't have permissions to
 read /var/db/mysql/my.cnf, /usr/local/etc/my.cnf is usually a good
 place to put global configurations (like default hostname and safe
 mode). Using /etc/mysql/my.cnf would violate hier(7).

 Cheers,
 Michael

 --
 Michael Gmelin