Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 09:35:26 -0700
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@sigbus.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vinum "Invalid argument (22)"

> Normally I'd say "this means that you haven't set your partition type to
> vinum".  But you show that you have.  I don't really understand this.  Could
> you try the following config file and tell me what it says?
>
>   drive foo device /dev/da2s1e volume bar plex org concat sd len 0 drive foo
>
> In particular, after that give me the output of "vinum list".

Here you go:

vinum -> create -f vinum.cfg
   1:   drive foo device /dev/da2s1e
** 1 : Invalid argument
0 drives:
1 volumes:
V bar                   State: up       Plexes:       1 Size:          0  B

1 plexes:
P bar.p0              C State: up       Subdisks:     1 Size:          0  B

1 subdisks:
S bar.p0.s0             State: up       PO:        0  B Size:          0  B
vinum -> list

      Charles Henrich       Manex Visual Effects       henrich@sigbus.com

                       http://www.sigbus.com/~henrich