Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 00:45:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers List <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Midi info

I've been researching music, and since I found what I consider to be a
*great* midi intro document (pdf file) I thought I'd stick it up for
everyone else, at http://www.freebsd.org/~chuckr/cs-an27.pdf

It's an application note by Crystal Semiconductor, but it's written quite
generally, and covers just about anything you'd want to know about midi
(that 24 pages allows).  If you care about midi but haven't ever learned
enough to figure it all out, here's where to go.

Chuck Robey                | Interests include C programming, Electronics,
213 Lakeside Dr. Apt. T-1  | communications, and signal processing.
Greenbelt, MD 20770        | I run picnic.mat.net: FreeBSD-current(i386) and
(301) 220-2114             |       jaunt.mat.net : FreeBSD-current(Alpha)