Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:13:47 -0500
From:      Marcia Barrett Nice <mimerki@yahoo.com>
To:        "Paul C. Boyle" <paulcb_mcse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie hostname issue.

Redirected to -questions before someone yells at us for being off-topic...
;-)

What I have always done in your shoes is give the box a hostname.  This
hostname isn't registed anywhere other than on your computer.  It shouldn't
be used for anything other than your internal workings.  But it will make the
box quit hanging to look for a hostname.  I suspect here on -questions
someone with a bit more expertise can actually give you a better suggestion...

I've tried to install kdevelop from ports a couple of times.  It hasn't
worked yet for me.  I have to admit that I didn't care enough to do anything
about it, but now you have two reports of it not installing properly.
(Similar error messages, though it's been long enough since I last tried that
I cannot guarantee them to be identical.)

Hope this helps,
Marci

On Wednesday 27 February 2002 08:46 pm, Paul C. Boyle wrote on Newbie
hostname issue.:

--
So why, pray, sign anything as long as every word, letter, penstroke,
paperspace is a perfect signature of its own?