Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2016 08:05:28 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freeBSD software certification process?

--58PUFAmatpaOND9lTLNbiqN3r5PpNo87E
From: Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

--HcW53m0HbpKEetkrDxgSjrAbg4FuKVG0w

On 27/07/2016 00:12, Stephane Brunet wrote:
> We are a software vendor, and I'm wanting to *certify our software prod=
uct
> with freeBSD* in order to address some of our prospective customer's wh=
> enjoy freeBSD, but I'm having trouble finding information regarding tha=
> process and its requirements.
>=20
> Our software stack consists of a daemon and a kernel module.
>=20
> Can you point me in the right direction?

Certify in what sense?   Unlike, for instance, java, there isn't a third
party who would run some tests and issue you with a stamp of approval.
Essentially as software authors, you can build your software on FreeBSD,
run whatever tests you think necessary to prove a suitable level of
functionality and then market your software as 'FreeBSD supported' all
on your own recognizance.

There are other similar support offerings available in certain
circumstances.  For instance you can get your FreeBSD based product
registered as "Supported" on Microsoft Azure.

If you're interested in FreeBSD as a commercial platform, then I'd
suggest getting in touch with the FreeBSD Foundation
(info@freebsdfoundation.org) just on general principles.  Promoting
commercial use of FreeBSD is a big part of the Foundation's remit.

	Cheers,

	Matthew