Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:24:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Phillips <chris@selkie.org>
To:        DAve Goodrich <dave@pixelhammer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Primitive tools

Primitive?  I think that is perhaps the wrong choice of
words.  Basic?  lynx certainly is.  vi basic?  I think not.  I use both
tools regularily.  What happens when you need to look at apache's
server-status and there is no GUI available?  I certainly wouldn't want to
run X on a production server just to be able to look at needed
information.  In my opinion vi is the most powerful editor out
there.  Emacs is a close second.  Not sure what you see in joe.

-Chris Phillips