Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:20:55 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (FWD) -current data corruption

David O'Brien wrote:
> This seems to only happen on SMP machines.  Any insight?

Where in the file is being corrupted?  Start?  Middle?  End?

If I had to guess, I would say that it was probably anywhere
in the file, and that it had to do with copy-on-write handling
with a read-then-write that was split between CPUs.

Unfortunately, -current SMP won't run on my ASUS dual P90 any
more, so I'm limited to educated guesses.

-- Terry