Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 1999 16:19:27 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        wildcardus freakis <wildcard@dax.belen.k12.nm.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.conf in 3.1

On 5 Mar 99, at 16:29, wildcardus freakis wrote:

> 	I was about to start setting up my firewall stuff in rc.conf like
> used to in the older versions of FreeBSD and to my suprise rc.conf is now
> like only 30 lines long vs. the old rc.conf which was about 5 pages long.
> Where did you freebsd devel guys stick all the options that were in older
> ver. or rc.conf?  Do I still stick my aliases in rc.conf or
> /etc/default/rc.conf?

in /etc/rc.conf.  Basically, you override stuff from /etc/defaults/rc.conf
with whatever you put in /etc/rc.conf.

I actually haven't tried this yet.  I mistakenly modified
/etc/defaults/rc.conf based on incorrect advice.  I was in the progress of
moving my diffs to /etc/rc.conf when I overwrite the defaults one with a
fresh copy.

doh.

--
Dan Langille