Date:      Fri, 04 Mar 2005 09:36:42 +0100
From:      fandino <fandino@ng.fadesa.es>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD powers up after shutdown with 5.4-PRERELEASE

Hello,

I need some help here, I have FreeBSD running in a Gigabyte GA-7N400V Pro2
motherboard, all works fine except when the "Resume by alarm" option is
enabled in the bios. From this moment FreeBSD is unable to halt the machine
because it does a reset instead. As result the FreeBSD workstation is on
all day.

I've followed the handbook advise switching hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff
from 0 to 1 and viceversa, but it doesn't help.

Yet I think it is something related to FreeBSD because I did a test
with a slackware distribution (kernel 2.4.26 and acpi ver. 20040326)
and indeed Linux is able to power off the machine with "Resume by alarm"
enabled.

it would be possible to correct this easily ot it requires a big effort?

Thank you.

some info:
http://195.55.55.164/tests/FreeBSD/acpi/dmesg.txt
http://195.55.55.164/tests/FreeBSD/acpi/acpi.iasl.txt