Date:      Sat, 09 Oct 1999 11:39:50 -0500
From:      TrouBle <trouble@hackfurby.com>
To:        Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
Cc:        Udo Schweigert <ust@cert.siemens.de>, Frankie Li <notme@lvdi.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: two harddrive with same monut point

>         I wouldn't know.  I never worked with ccd.  Is it like vinum?  I
> haven't used vinum either, but I've read a little bit about it.
>
>                                                 Jaime

Okay everybody lets try "man ccd"

CCD(4)                 FreeBSD Kernel Interfaces Manual
CCD(4)

NAME
     ccd - Concatenated Disk Driver

SYNOPSIS
     pseudo-device ccd 4

DESCRIPTION
     The ccd driver provides the capability of combining one or more
     disks/partitions into one virtual disk.

     This document assumes that you're familiar with how to generate
kernels,
     how to properly configure disks and pseudo-devices in a kernel
configura-
     tion file, and how to partition disks.

     Note that the `raw' partitions of the disks should not be
combined.  The
     kernel will only allow component partitions of type FS_BSDFFS (type
     ``4.2BSD'' as shown as disklabel(8)).

     In order to compile in support for the ccd, you must add a line
similar
     to the following to your kernel configuration file:

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler