Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 10:18:54 -0500
From:      Craig Shrimpton <craigs@os.com>
To:        Gilad Rom <admin@www.megido.inter.net.il>, Bob Vaughan <techie@tantivy.stanford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Surprise Reboots

At 01:08 PM 3/22/98 +0300, Gilad Rom wrote:
>I also have a DX2 box w/8mb of ram and a 270MB hdd, I still have FreeBSD
>on it, and this trouble had never occured. I had alot of uptime there.
>Hmm... Really makes me wonder.

Here'a an SDRAM wierdness story.  I have a DFI 586ITXD (ATX)that can take
either EDO or DIMMS.  If I use NEC memory, I can only put 1 DIMM in the
system,  If I use two, the system is unstable.  Switching to Micron memory,
two DIMMS are fine.

If I put the NEC memory in the DFI 586ITBD, (AT) it will take both chips
without complaint.  It is possible that it's the board and not the chips
except that certain date codes of NEC memory will work with two DIMMS!

-Craig