Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2004 12:51:39 +0100
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        Mark Sergeant <msergeant@iexec.com.au>
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Re: Dual processor, AMD 64 machine freezing.]

--On Montag, 2. Februar 2004 11:19 Uhr +1000 Mark Sergeant <msergeant@iexec.com.au> wrote:

> It should be noted that I was able to do a make world & kernel without
> the machine hanging on the local console. When I rebooted the machine
> and typed ifconfig the machine again hung so this seems to be pointing
> to network issues for sure. What are the thoughts on dropping in an fxp0
> card.

You should be able to get the interrupt routing right by
en- and disabling "the right"[tm] devices in the BIOS-setup.
I don't have access to my machines right now, but if I remember
correctly, it was best to just leave all devices enabled.
Don't even think about switching the (S-)ATA devices or the
SCSI devices off.

I may have some time for BIOS/K8S/amd64 experiments in the
later evening (living in GMT+0100).

-Andreas