Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 14:58:15 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@xpert.com>
To:        John Braun <uktests@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems with Amavis setup

I'm reading this mailling list with some delay, and perhaps people already
answered your question, but as a maintainer of amavis-perl I did small
change to amavis to work even with file(1) which doesn't have -b.
The port is available since December via /usr/ports/security/amavis-perl

I need to take a look if it needs upgrading.

On Tue, 8 May 2001, John Braun wrote:

> Ofcourse, FreeBSD has this command, but
> Amavis requires command file with option -b.
> If I don't mistake in version 4.1. hasn't this
> option.
>
> Where can I get source or package for this command?
>
> Or someone know howto install Amavis without 'file
> -b'?
>

> --- Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 02:40:02AM -0700, John Braun
> > wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I can't download "file" command for "Amavis"  from
> > >
> > > ftp://ftp.astron.com/pub/file/,
> > > ftp://ftp.gw.com/pub/unix/file/ and
> > > ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/tools/file/.
> > >
> > > Where can I get this command ?
> >
> > The 'file' command is part of FreeBSD; it is
> > installed as part of
> > the FreeBSD installation.  Look for it in /usr/bin.
> > If Amavis
> > cannot execute the 'file' command, make sure it has
> > /usr/bin in
> > its path.
> >
> > G'luck,
> > Peter
> >
> > --
> > This sentence no verb.

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]