Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2005 03:04:40 -0700
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Vsevolod Stakhov <vsevolod@highsecure.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, Ben Gross <ben@bengross.com>
Subject:   Re: spamprobe and Berkeley DB

Vsevolod Stakhov wrote:
> I've already make this (so called bsd.bdb.mk). Should I send PR about it?

If you rename it to bsd.database.mk, and extend it such that all the
existing PGSQL and MYSQL knobs from bsd.port.mk are included, absolutely
-- that part should be a simple cut-and-paste operation (don't forget
the necessary patches to bsd.port.mk itself to remove any functionality
that is now in bsd.database.mk)

Test a before-and-after with 'make index' and verify that they're the
same, then submit the PR, let me know the number, and I'll make sure it
gets in the hands of portmgr@ for an -exp build cluster run.

Once that's done, the changes can be committed (assuming no issues), and
then bsd.database.mk can be worked on in (relative) isolation from the
rest of the tree -- I'm certainly willing to co-ordinate this work with
other committers and port maintainers.

-aDe