Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 21:53:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mr M P Searle <csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk>
To:        mark@grondar.za (Mark Murray)
Cc:        sol@deepwell.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: text editors

> Sol Rasmussen wrote:
> > any suggestions on text editors.  what i am really looking for is cutting
> > and pasting ability.
>
> This question is easy to ask, and impossible to answer. Try them all,
> and use the one you like best.

I agree that you should try them all - but if it's cutting and pasting you
are after, you could try starting with NEdit. You can do lots of fancy things
like cutting a rectangular area with the mouse and sliding it up and down,
the text moving around it as you move it.

This does assume you mean X editors, of course. I'm kind of jumping in here.