Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 1996 08:43:25 -0700
From:      Sean Kelly <kelly@fsl.noaa.gov>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Explain this you SCSI tape experts!  :-)

This isn't FreeBSD-specific, but you guys are unusually enlightened, so
I'm sure you can provide an answer.

A new DAT backup tape used in a WangDAT 6130HS drive reads and writes
just fine.  Several nights ago, Amanda read its label, and wrote a
backup set to it.  I stuck it on the shelf, away from magnetic sources
and what-not, nestled in with the other tapes in the current rotation.

As fate would have it, that's the very tape I need.  But when I stick it
in the drive, FreeBSD reports BLANK CHECK.  Doh!

What could cause that?

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory