Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:42:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD package build failure notice

Dear FreeBSD Port Maintainer,

A port to which you are assigned as maintainer is currently failing to
build on the i386 package cluster under FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT.  As you
may know, there is a developer preview snapshot of 5.0-CURRENT under
preparation, and we'd like to have as many packages as possible
available for it.  Sadly however, over 500 packages are currently
broken and failing to build.

Many ports listed on the website below are broken on all supported
releases of FreeBSD.  Other have been broken by recent changes to the
5.0-CURRENT code, which expose bugs in some ports.

If you have any questions or comments, or if you do not understand the
reason why your port is failing to build and require help to fix it,
then please direct your email to the ports@FreeBSD.org mailing list
and do not contact me directly, as I do not have time to help everyone
individually.

Please do what you can to fix the problems with the ports you maintain
(If you have already corrected the errors then please just ignore this
email).  Once you have a solution, use "send-pr" to submit a "diff -u"
of the changes, as described in

  http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/port-upgrading.html

Useful URLS for port maintainers:

* Errors from a recent full package build under 5.0-CURRENT

  http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/errorlogs/e.5.20020327/

* Packages which appear to be broken on both 4.5-STABLE and 5.0-CURRENT

  http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/4-full+5-full.html

* Packages which appear to be broken only on 5.0-CURRENT, but which
  package succesfully under 4.5-STABLE.

  http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/5-latest-4-latest.html

* Errors from package builds on the alpha platform (many packages that
  compile on i386 fail on alpha due to 64-bit code bugs)

  http://beta.freebsd.org/

Thanks for contributing to the FreeBSD Ports Collection!
Kris Kennaway