Date:      Sun, 15 Apr 2001 23:09:07 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HP48GX file transfer

Hi,

Has anyone used the kermit or gkermit ports to transfer files to
their HP48G or GX graphing calculators?  There don't seem to be any other
tools in ports to use to transfer the files.  HP has even GPL'd the
windows program that is all touchy feely and GUIish, but it appears not to
have been ported to anything but windows.  In addition to it being GUI
based it does seem to have some actually useful features above the simple
gkermit.  Really I don't care about that as long as I can use gkermit and
the serial cable (coming in the mail) to transfer files to my HP. (using
FreeBSD of course.)
	If anyone has done it I'd appreciate a bit of help.  At the moment
(beginning new career, serious time drain), I can't handle the mail load
on -questions, so if you could please keep me cc'd on any responses I'd
really appreciate it.  Thanks a lot.

						Tim