Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 15:35:58 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port test builds?

Hi,

  I realize that the act of making packages performs test builds of
all of the packageable ports.  However, what about the IS_INTERACTIVE
or NO_PACKAGE ports?  At least one (ucd_snmp) did not build as shipped
on the 2.2 CDROM.  I don't think that's acceptable; if it doesn't build
it should be marked BROKEN.

  I realize that it's a lot to expect Satoshi to run through each
IS_INTERACTIVE port and answer the questions right, but maybe this is
a burden we can place on the port maintainers -- before a release, make
absolutely sure that your port builds on that release or it gets marked
BROKEN.

  Any comments?

  Bill