Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:51:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        "Thornton, Neill R, HM2" <NRThornton@nmcsd.med.navy.mil>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: AlphaServer 2100 5/300 Now Functional!

Two..

First: What does 'show cpu_enabled' say at the SRM console prompt?

Do things change if you do:

P0>>> set cpu_enabled f
PO>>> init

Second:  Are any of the CPUs listed as failed?  Eg:

 > Component       Status          Module ID
 > CPU 0              P            B2040-AB DECchip (tm) 21164-5
 > CPU 1              P            B2040-AB DECchip (tm) 21164-5
 > CPU 2              F            B2040-AB DECchip (tm) ?????-?

(CPU 2 is marked as failed)

This might have happenend because you moved things around.

You can reset this by doing:

P0>>> clear_errors all
P0>>> init

Lastly, make sure you have the various components in their proper
slots?  Go get the docs & make sure you do.  There are rules about
where the various boards need to go in relation to others.  Make sure
you're following them.

Let me know what happens..  And let's keep this on the list, so the
next poor sucker to resurrect one of these beasts will be able to get
help from the archives..

Drew