Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:08:13 -0600
From:      Greg Magnusson <glm@cyborgspiders.com>
To:        <john@day-light.com>
Cc:        patl+freebsd@volant.org
Subject:   RE: mysql_install-simplified

re:  freebsd +php + apache-mod_ssl + mysql port install

Success.
Thank you for making this install easy for me.  I read through chapter 4 of
the FreeBSD handbook, ran CVsup to the ports collection and followed your
install procedure.  That is exactly what I was looking for!  The graphical
choices page for the mcrypt library of the php install is a nice
touch.  Perhaps you know how complicated this is to configure by hand.  One
note:

Perl 5 needs to be installed previous to MYSQL, at least with FreeBSD 4.7.
I suspect the new Perl is with FreeBSD 5+ to make this a non-issue.

I have just confired that I have a working Apache_ssl-MySQL-PHP server.

It has been a long time coming.

Thank you.
Greg L. Magnusson
glm@cyborgspiders.com

At 10:42 PM 8/26/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Assuming the following:
>
>1) you have root control of the box
>2) you have correctly installed the 'ports system'
>3) you have correctly updated ports via cvsup
>4) you are able to properly configure the applications
>
>Note: the ports system compiles applications from source
>       code, this is NOT installing pre-compiled binaries
>       as would be the case with 'pkg_add'
>
>Follow these steps:

1)
cd /usr/ports/languages/perl