Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 21:16:57 -0600
From:      Smectic Lester <owensmk@earthlink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Yet another Parallel ZIP

I swear I have done my homework. But I think I am experiencing bona fide
weirdness.

I have a Dell Inspiron 7500 running FreeBSD 3.2. I have customized the
kernel, adding the vpo0, and making sure everything else is in order,
according to the FAQ. Here is what happens on startup"

1). ppc0 not found at 0x378

so I power off, not just reboot, lest the 1) just happens again.

Next startup:

2) vpo0 is recognized:
   vpo0: <Iomega VPIO Parallel to SCSI interface> on ppbus 0

but I still get "device not configured" if I try to mount it.

reboot

get 1) again.

I have checked my BIOS settings, and configured the parallel port to
custom (specifying the irq, etc).

What is going on? It sees it, I think, only if I cold boot, but I still
cannot mount it. Any ideas?