Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 16:18:14 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Larry Baird <lab@gta.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adaptec 29160?

On Thu, Mar 02, 2000 at 17:59:38 -0500, Larry Baird wrote:
> Ken,

If you want me to respond, CC it to me.

> > The ahc(4) driver.  The adapters are listed in the man page, and the PCI
> > IDs are in the driver.

> Thanks for the quick feedback.  The system I checked against was
> one cut from the first 4.0 release canidate CD ISO image.  The man
> pages for the ahc(4) don't mention 29160 or aic7899.  Neither do the
> ones for current on www.freebsd.org
> (http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ahc&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+4.0-current&format=html).

The man page was updated February 14th.  So my guess is that the CD you've
got doesn't have that on there, and I suppose the man pages in the web
interface are out of date as well.

> I'll cvsup this machine up to see if the correct
> man pages show up.
>
> I now realize I was looking at the wrong place for aic source code. I
> was incorrectly expected the code to be in /sys/pci instead of
> /sys/dev.  It looks like I have been focused on network related
> devices for too long. (:   Time to expand my source code horizons. (:

The PCI attach routines for a number of drivers were moved to the drivers'
directory in sys/dev recently.  (The ahc driver was one of them.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org