Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 2015 05:54:11 +0530
From:      Rakesh Sharma <rakesh.mails2@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Port FreeBSD to a smartphone (any make and model) for GSoC15

I am Rakesh Kumar Sharma, an engineering Student of NIT Karnataka.

I Am Interested in working on porting Free BSD to a smartphone (any make or
model).sorry for late writing, i wasnt aware of GSoC, my friend recently
suggested me about it. I am not much into the field, but I believe i can
pull it off as I am hardworking and have good technical skills.

one idea is to dual boot the free bsd like ubuntu touch, we need to install
the BSD to the memory of the device, and than loading the kernel from
inside the android kernel. this process should kill all the android
processes except the ones really needed. the BSD kernel will load the
required files and overtake the android kernel. I Checked BSD have its ARM
version support, so i think instruction porting wont be needed.

The second idea is to entirely replace the original kernel and operating
system, in this case i need to do some research, but i believe i should be
able to modify the boot loader to boot the BSD RISC Kernel stored in my
memory, with problems of course, then i can modify the kernel to fix the
bugs. I idea is not to replace the entire operating system, as if something
goes wrong i can return to my old os, This can be changed later.

Please provide me suggestions, and comments on my idea. i am really looking
forward to working on it, I have an old device which i can work on, and a
new intel x86 phone, which stand more chance of success.

Thank you