Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 12:29:57 -0500
From:      Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   port version, apache version confusion

Hi,

I just used portupgrade to update the apache13 port.
The upgrade went fine but I'm confused by the version
numbering.

egypt# pkg_info | grep apache
apache-1.3.22_7     The extremely popular Apache http server.  Very fast, very

egypt# grep PORT Makefile
PORTNAME=       apache
PORTVERSION=    1.3.26
PORTREVISION=   1
DISTNAME=       apache_${PORTVERSION}

egypt# httpd -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix)
Server built:   Jan 15 2002 00:05:29

So the package name has 1.3.22_7, the port version is 1.3.26
and httpd says 1.3.22.  As sanity check, I pointed Netcraft at
my web server and it reports Apache/1.3.22 (Unix).  Finally,
The PHP function phpinfo() reports:
	Apache Version		Apache/1.3.22
	Apache Release		10322100
	Apache API Version	19990320

So it looks to me like I'm definately running 1.3.22.

Now the latest version that the apache project has is 1.3.24.
My question: am I indeed running the latest, patched version
of apache?

I'm also curious why I'm seeing the build date from my original
install of apache and not today.

--
Regards,
Doug