Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:34:38 -0700
From:      "Patrick Wheeler" <patfiles@fastmail.fm>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Major Installation Problems

I have FreeBSD 4.1 on CD that I am trying to install but can't. I have a
133MHZ Pentium processor with 64MB of RAM and a 2GB hard drive.

When I boot to the CD, after the initial startup the Kernel
Configuration Menu is displayed. I select the first option (Skip
Configuration), and then text that appears to be my various hardware
scrolls bye until it freezes. These are the last three lines of that
output.

pnaphy0: <Am79c978 HomePNA PHY> on miibus0
pnaphy0: Home PNA
pci0: <ATI Mach64-GT graphics accelerator> at 19.0

The lines above the quoted output go through what appears to be
recognizing my other hardware including my Voodoo2 graphics card.  The
first to lines of this output is my network card, and the last line is
the on-board graphics chip.  The cursor then is displayed but nothing
happens. The system just locks up. I have no clue what to do.

Any assistance or advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You in Advance,
Patrick
--
  Patrick Wheeler