Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:54:43 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CALL FOR TESTERS: new candidate for libusb port

--2nTeH+t2PBomgucg

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 11:50:47AM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 04:57:09PM -0700, John Reynolds wrote:
> > Hello all, I know that I have been veeeeeeeeery slow in arriving at this
> > point. My life has been sucked away recently with a large project at wo=
rk. Such
> > is "open source" ....
> >=20
> > But at long last I have devoted some cycles to updating the libusb port=
 for
> > FreeBSD. However, since there has been such a long cycle between update=
s, and
> > many changes to the code I wanted to roll a binary package file and hav=
e people
> > test out with existing apps before I submitted the PR to have the port =
files
> > themselves changed.=20
> >=20
> > The version in the tree right now is 0.1.7. Johannes has released 0.1.1=
0a just
> > a few weeks ago and it looks like it has many changes to the BSD code (=
with
> > what looks like some the integration of some patches which previously w=
ere
> > applied by the port itself).
> >=20
> > So, for those who enjoy libusb on a daily basis like me, can you please=
 fetch
> > the following:
> >=20
> >   http://www.reynoldsnet.org/libusb-0.1.10a.tbz
>=20
> Wouldn't it be better if you provided a patch to the port as well, so
> people can build it on other releases of FreeBSD, e.g. 4.x? :)

Errr... this may have come out a bit too curt.  Thanks for your interest
in the libusb port, and thanks for doing the work on it!  Still... how
about also providing a patch? :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
This sentence claims to be an Epimenides paradox, but it is lying.

--2nTeH+t2PBomgucg

--2nTeH+t2PBomgucg--