Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2002 02:39:43 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   interactive port example

Do we have a good example of a port that (optionally?) asks a lot
of questions in order to perform local configuration changes during
the installation stage? I'm mainly thinking about changing things
like paths and options in the software's config files and spreading
installed components among extra subdirectories within its standard
directory structure for an alternative setup style.

Or, if this tends to go beyond what the ports system is supposed to do,
could somebody please help me see where to draw the line and how to
handle what's left?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-