Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:39:05 -0600
From:      Eric Schuele <e.schuele@computer.org>
To:        Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Trouble with 'portsdb -uU' and ld-elf.so...

Joe Altman wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:07:19AM -0600, Eric Schuele wrote:

<snip>

>>and I think
>>a placed a few in 'new' directories in my ports tree.  So I do not know
>>if that would 'break' my ports tree or not.  But thought it was worth
>>mentioning.
>

> I can't quite parse this because it appears to me that you've left out
> a word or two.

<snip>

Sorry.  I meant that I had placed a few ports in 'new' directories.  By
that I meant:
  - I went to the FreeBSD Ports site
  - found a port I wanted to upgrade (firefox or fluxbox for example)
  - 'make deinstall'ed the one that was installed.
  - Copied the directory on the site to a folder within the ports tree
with a similar but different name.
  - and then did a 'make install clean'

Then I was enlightened to the fact that this was... not the way to do
things.  So on to portupgrades I went.  First one or two went without a
hitch.

--
Regards,
Eric