Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 20:46:11 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Thomas Arnold <tom@inna.net>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bt848 driver for this week

Steve Passe:
 |in -current "man tsleep", no idea whether it is in 2.2

Sure is.  /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_synch.c w/ man page.  I get the same error
as I mentioned last weekend when doing CAP_SINGLEs on 2.2-GAMMA w/ the
970322 driver:

 |bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1  2c0f24
 |bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1 1000f24
 |bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1 1000754
 |bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1  2c0754
 |bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1 1000624
 |bktr0: ioctl: tsleep error -1  2c0624
 |
 |   error=tsleep((caddr_t)bktr, METPRI, "capturing", hz);
 |
 |Since this is an ERESTART error (METPRI has PCATCH), is the right fix for
 |this to change this line to:
 |
 |   while ((error=tsleep((caddr_t)bktr, METPRI, "capturing", hz)) == ERESTART) ;

I don't know what the right fix is, but I can tell you it isn't that
simple.  :-)  By experiment, the above is one easy way to lock your machine
solid.  I hadn't had a chance to dig into it further.

 |Sounds like this may be related to my seeing the video not capture both
 |frames on a CAP_SINGLE.

Randall