Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:29:21 -0500
From:      Barry C.Hawkins <barry.hawkins@allthingscomputed.com>
To:        "Sergey V. Golitzyn" <klimax@proxy.immune.isf.ru>
Cc:        Hal Lynch <hal@cc.usu.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can I upgrade 4.4 to 4.7 via cvsup

Sergey,
	Are you referring to files such as those updated by mergemaster?  If
so, that might help Hal out.  The link (English) to that page in the
FreeBSD Handbook is
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/
makeworld.html>.

Regards,

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 06:44 PM, Sergey V. Golitzyn wrote:

> yes, its possible, but after "make world"/ "make kernel" you will need
> update some file in /etc directory, examples you can found in
> /usr/src/etc/
>
> Sergey V. Golitzyn
> (Russia)
>
> On Wednesday 29 January 2003 02:32, Hal Lynch wrote:
>> Is it possible/advisable to upgrade my 4.4 system
>> to 4.7 either stepwise or in one jump.
>>
>> If so is there a blurb somewhere giving details?.
>>
>> hal

>> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message

Barry C. Hawkins
Systems Consultant
All Things Computed
404-795-9147 voice/fax