Date:      Fri, 15 May 1998 18:38:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@zwb.net>
To:        dsteinke@timex.com (Steinke, David)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Winsock 2.2

Ask you system administrator.  E-mail Micro$oft.  Is it all FreeBSD
servers?  Try www.freebsd.org.  Get rid of Windows.  Get FreeBSD and you
won't have any problems.

> To whom it may concern,
>
> 	I have a shell account on a server that is running FreeBSD.  It
> is a reliable server and I have never had any problems.... Until I
> upgraded to Winsock 2.2 on my machine here.  Now any transfers between
> their server and my PC are VERY slow.  Usually about 0.4k/sec.  I also
> have encountered the same problem using Windows 98. (which has also uses
> winsock 2.2)  Most of the time the transfer will eventually time out.
> It does this very consistantly whether it is via www (http), telnet, or
> ftp.  Do you have any idea what is causing this conflict with the new
> version of Winsock?  Is there an update available?  Thank you for your
> time.
>
> Regards,
>

> David
>
> David Steinke
> Data Link Support Technician
> Timex Corporation

Dima Dorfman (dima@zwb.net)

"640k ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981
Micro$oft Sucks!  FreeBSD Rules!  http://www.freebsd.org/

Finger dima@zwb.net for more information.