Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:38:45 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@boothman.easynet.co.uk>
To:        gek <gekk0@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: my list

gek wrote:

> The list is set up for people new to FreeBSD to discuss and ask questions
> regarding FreeBSD.  The list is target towards "newbies", so just remember
> that a answer to the question you ask may not be able to be answered by
> list memebers.

I'm sorry, I may be wrong, but I can't see your list working in the
"Asking Questions" sense.

Who will answer the questions that people post?

Answer. Other newbies. People who probably don't yet have the knowledge
to be giving advice to others. The advantage of -questions is that there
is such a large number of knowledgeable people on there, that any
mistakes people make with answering questions is usually picked up and
corrected by someone else.

>From my experience -questions folks will answer any question no matter
how large, small or trivial. So I'm afraid I just can't see the
advantage
of a list for just 'newbie' questions.

--
Andrew Boothman <andrew@boothman.easynet.co.uk>