Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:21:09 +0100
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0 Early adopters question: best way to get rid of old binaries/lib/headers

Hi,

I've started upgrading some of my 4.x boxen to 5.0-current.
The upgrade went smooth and the systems are up and running.

However, the early adopters guide mentiones some components
which are no longer in the base system (perl, uucp) and
obsolete headers, etc.

Now I want to get rid of everything which was not installed
by the upgrade (that was a make world-like upgrade).

I've considered s.th. like this:

find /usr/lib /usr/lib /usr/include /usr/share /usr/libdata /usr/libexec /usr/sbin -xdev -mtime +<days since the upgrade +1> > todelete

and then delete the stuff therein after inspection.

Would that be a reasonable safe way to go?

Any pitfals? Other suggestions?

Thanks & best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                      - Me transfere sursum, Caledoni -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*