Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 12:24:21 -0500 (CDT)
From:      agroz@uslink.net
To:        MW <mw74@bigpond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: KPPP problem please help!!!

On 04-Apr-99 MW wrote:
> Ive set up KPPP under FreeBSD 3.1 (generic kernel)
>
> The modem dials and connects but i cant access anything
>
> KPPP sets the defaulte route to the ppp0 interface and puts the nameservers
> i specified in /etc/resolv.conf
>
> Pinging the IP address of the ppp0 interface doesnt even give any reply-it
> just sits there
> Ive included the outputs of my netstat -rn command and ifconfig command
> (while KPPP is running)
> Can someone please help?

Are your expect/send pairs set correctly? (configure ppp0)
 You should have something like this:
 EXPECT    SEND

ogin:      <login name>     ; note, some ISPs use username: put name: for ogin:
word:      <your password>

Failing that, you will have to use minicom to see what is being received, if
your ISP supports SLIP login; else if you're sure it's connecting properly to
your isp call their tech support and see what they expect for E/S
hope this helps

agrozREMOVEME@uslink.net