Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:46:12 +0200
From:      Leroy van Logchem <leroy.vanlogchem@wldelft.nl>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: how 'supported' are 3ware Escalade controllers?

Mike Tancsa wrote:

> At 01:20 AM 01/09/2004, Brian Reichert wrote:
>
>> This page says there is support for other cards in this family, but
>> doesn't explicitly cite the 7506-8, and cites some firmwar issues:
>>
>>   <http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/#3ware>;

I have a server running (AMD64) with two 7506-12's. Never had troubles
with it only the CLI tool is not useable when a drive fails since it's
written for the 9000 series. I hope 3Ware will support the cards a
little older too. Besides that I can use the CLI to assign new hot
spares when it used one etc. commands like info c0 and info c1 works.