Date:      Fri, 03 Mar 1995 08:37:57 +0100
From:      Andras Olah <olah@cs.utwente.nl>
To:        "Michael C. Newell" <mnewell@lupine.nsi.nasa.gov>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Config broken in -current?

On Thu, 02 Mar 1995 16:09:22 EST, "Michael C. Newell" wrote:
> I supped -current over 2.0R and started getting the errors:
>
>   ws3# config MikesKernel
>   Removing old directory ../../compile/MikesKernel:  Done.
>   Unknown % construct in generic makefile: %BEFORE_DEPEND
>   Unknown % construct in generic makefile: %CLEAN
>   Don't forget to run "make depend"
>
> from config.  Is something missing?  I didn't get any errors from the sup...

Did you rebuild your config first?  I've just installed a current
kernel in 2.0R without trouble.  The steps I needed (advice from
David Greenman):

1. make and install config
2. install the new makefiles share/mk
3. make and install a new kernel; reboot
4. make and install the important kernel dependent utilities
	(ifconfig, route, netstat, ... )

Andras