Date:      Thu, 02 Nov 2000 12:48:28 +0200 (CET)
From:      Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>
To:        Matt Bedynek <mbedynek@pdq.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Linux Q3DED And FreeBSD

-------------Original message follows----------------------
Hello.

Quake III Arena (Q3DED) has crashed with the following error...

I do not know if it is a ID Software BUG, FreeBSD, or I need to make some
configuration change to the Linux emulation.

The error is:

clientDownload: 0 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 1 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 2 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 5 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 7 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 3 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
clientDownload: 4 : begining "baseq3/thunda3dm1.pk3"
ERROR: FS_HandleForFile: none free <-----------

Sounds like Quake can't handle more downloads than 7. Disable
autodownload and the problem should go away. If you don't want to disable
downloads I suggest asking a quakeserveradminforum for ways of upping the
limit.

E-Mail: Joel Bjork <u98jobj@stud.hh.se>