Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:59:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kyle <freebsd@sysmach.com>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the AMD factor in FreeBSD

--- Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
> wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Linh Pham wrote:
>
>> On 2001-04-19, Vincent Poy scribbled:
>>
>> # 	Hehe... Which reminds me, it's almost like IBM delivers their
>> # crAptiva with Pentium 233MMX with just a heatsink but no fan and I doubt
>> # you want your finger on the Pentium 233MMX.  Ofcourse, the AMD Athlon's
>> # run a lot hotter than the coppermines so does this mean the Intel's are
>> # not real CPU's? ;)
>>
>> Gateway did and still does the samt hing, even with their Celery 700's.
>> But you are forgetting about the Pentium 4 and the 900Mhz P3 Xeon with
>> 2MB of on-die cache :)
>
>	I thought Gateway, Dell, Sony's all don't even use fans and they
>have a heatduct or something :)

I work for the local school board, and all their Dells are just regular PCs, heatsinks and fans. The only thing is they have an onboard video card (that's the only part i dont like.). Not so keen on built in stuff.

>Cheers,
>Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
>Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
>WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
>San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
>HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
>Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin

==

/"\   ASCII Ribbon campaign against E-Mail
\ /   in gratuitous HTML and Microsoft
 X    proprietary formats.
/ \