Date:      Mon, 27 Jan 1997 19:35:38 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        brian@mpress.com
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, core@freebsd.org, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current SMP status inquiry

Hi,

> What about the evil FP exception/FPU support problem? The one that
> locks everything up solid? I'd be happy to write up a description and
> workaround, but it may be that others don't believe it exists, or that
> it is simply a problem with my and a few others equipment.

it definately seems to affect some hardware more  than others.  I recently
ran 3 copies of ico on X11 for 3-4 houres without a burp.  There has to
be a fair amout of FPU use going on during that.

This does need to be pursued, but I have no time (or even an SMP machine)
to give to it right now, a "real job" has arrived...

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD