Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 2009 13:25:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Demonjack <demonjack42@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GD::Image Can't locate object newFromPng

Here's a piece of code that will generate the problem on my system. I think
the problem is the the GD module doesn't have the PNG support in it, but it
said it compiled with it so, I'm not sure how to determine if indeed it did
or not?

#!/usr/bin/perl
#
#
use Cflow qw(:flowvars find);	# for reading Cflowd data files
use Socket;			# for socket functions
use POSIX;			# for strftime
use RRDs;			# RRDTOOL stuff
use Time::Local;		# need the timelocal function
use Storable;
use Net::Patricia;
use GD;
use strict;
use warnings;

my $imgFile = "image-16790-0001.png";

my $newimage = new GD::Image(100,100);

open (PNG, $imgFile) || die;

my $myImage = newFromPng GD::Image(\*PNG);

close PNG;

thx
Demon