Date:      Thu, 10 May 2018 22:56:36 +0800
From:      =?utf-8?B?5p2O5ZGo5Y2O?= <ailee.email@icloud.com>
To:        Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to hide boot console message.

I find in console show a error when boot.

Changing splash image .
expr:division by zero
/etc/rc:ERROR:choice failed=20

> On May 10, 2018, at 8:26 PM, Ernie Luzar <luzar722@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> =E6=9D=8E=E5=91=A8=E5=8D=8E wrote:
>> Is it possible that the boot message is not displayed when boot ? Only sh=
ow when some error happen.
>> Most of time there is no boot error occurred, we no need to care the boot=
 message.
>> I try create a file /boot.config with content "-mq"
>> add below lines
>>     verbose_loading=3D"NO"
>>     boot_mute=3D"YES"
>> to file /boot/loader.conf
>> but some network connection message still show , is there a way to hide t=
hat ?  thanks
>=20
> With the above config if you are still getting boot time network connectio=
n messages, then this is a bug. You should file a bug report about this show=
ing the output your getting.
>=20
>=20
> Can help you with "stopping the boot time messages from showing". But ther=
e is no control over showing only errors. The only error at boot time is the=
 system freezing up. You will notice this when it happens. Any other error s=
uch as missed spelled options in /etc/rc.conf is not an boot error. They are=
 just ignored and the boot process continues by design.
>=20
> If you use a boot time splash screen those "boot time messages" will not s=
how rolling across your master console. A few boot loader messages, includin=
g the boot options menu and the timed wait