Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 20:11:38 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Summary: GUI based diff

I received 5 pointers to this.

I'm pretty sure that mgdiff (in ports/textutils/mgdiff
is the one I was looking for.
(who'd have thought of looking for it in textutils?)

the other files were:
tkdiff,  part of tkCVS...
xemacs e-diff part of emacs I guess (I don't use emacs)
xdiff (I haven't seen this yet)
and         http://www.doitnow.com/~quillan/john/tkxcd

tkdiff and tkxcd allow you to examine diffs but don't seem to
allow you to use it as a merge tool.

mgdiff does allow you to select which diff to choose where
and can output the result. It doesn't however allow you to edit the
result while merging, which I definitly remember being able to
do on one version.. (maybe it was commercial)

jkh has a binary mgdiff at:
Sounds a bit like mgdiff, to me.  I've stashed a copy for you at

        ftp://freebsd.org/pub/jkh/mgdiff

but you need to grap the Mgdiff.ad file from the sources
(and put it in your $HOME)  to get it in all it's glory.