Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 09:49:37 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        <wwoods@cybcon.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hoping to configure DNS

>FWIW, I just purchased a set of  oriely books on CDROM, including DNS&BIND.
The
>reason I got the CD is that it has 2 books I wanted ion it and they useally
run
>$30.00 ea, so I figured what the hell, extra 20 bucks for 6 more
books...rock
>on!

I saw something like that when I was tramping the city last Friday evening
looking for the
Complete FreeBSD ..... only the asking price in Brisbane Australia is $160.
Such is life I guess .... maybe I can learn enough from them to go sort out
some commercial stuff and get some poor mug to pay for my time :)

>Off the point a bit, but back to the point, those books are INVALUEABLE,
well,
>to me anyway. They have made my job much easier, helped me fuigure out
simple
>problems, and hell, I even set up a nameserver for my home lan (not that I
>really needed it, but its was a great learnin experiance)
>
>One thing I have learned in the *(nix world, you can NEVER have enough
>reference books....you may not use em now, you amy only need em once, but I
>would rather have and not need em than not have em and need em.....
>
><Ramble mode off>
>
>William

O'Reilly.