Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:18:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bastill@sa.apana.org.au
Subject:   Re: Mail client preferred?

> Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au> wrote:
>  > Pine, Mutt, Elm, Emacs ...  probably others.
>  > Anyone care to make a recommendation for a console-based mail client?
>  > I'm currently using Kmail.  It would be nice if there was a way to transfer
>  > Kmail message files to the console client.
>
> I guess 90% of the people would recommend mutt.
>
> Personally, I've been using elm for 12 years and still
> haven't seen a reason to switch over to mutt, but that's
> just me ...  :-)

I use ELM for general reading and sending messages.  It seems to
be easiest for the simple, straightforward stuff.
But, I use PINE for saving off attachments and MUTT for looking at
stuff in funny character sets.
And, I do all this on a Solaris system via an X running on a FreeBSD
machine.   Sheeesh.

Anyway, try a few things and see what works for you.

////jerry